8760 Expense Management is an Alberta-based company that has been in business since 2004. We pride ourselves on helping business clients optimize their expenses related to electricity and natural gas, credit card processing and cell phones. Our motto is: We win when our customers win. Helping customers is at the core of what we do. We also take pride in creating a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment and our focus is to provide career opportunities that can flourish over many years. We are in it for the long haul, and we want our staff to share in this same kind of approach. We have a team of industry experts and sales professionals, and we take a collaborative approach to achieving organizational success.
We are an expense management firm which means we work with clients to devise strategies and solutions that will help contain, lower and/or optimize their expenses within 3 main areas:
- Utilities – electricity and natural gas including contract procurement, delivery charge reviews and energy efficiency reviews
- Credit card processing – providing POS solutions that offer businesses state of the art features at a price that is fair and reasonable
- Cell phone management – using our pooled data management approach, we provide affordable cell phone plans for businesses and personal use.
At 8760, we are small company that looks to do big things. We take great pride in providing exceptional customer service, unbiased and honest advice along with a transparent approach to pricing. By combining exceptional service, expert advice along with a fair and reasonable fee, we have built a large base of loyal and happy customers.
At 8760 you’ll work hard, learn quickly, and work with a great group of professionals who also like to have fun. Our company is interested in growing and evolving, which means you’ll get to take on lots of new challenges and learn new skills.
- We believe in autonomy, respect, and supporting one another – collaboration, teamwork and getting things done is at the heart of what we do.
- Critical thinking, experimenting, making mistakes, and resetting the bar based on our experiences is our modus operandi.
- Staff benefits, paid vacation time, quarterly team building events, and a flexible work environment, including hybrid work.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations and Operational Efficiency, the Procurement and Contracts Administrator will be responsible for working with internal stakeholders and external retailers on arranging and finalizing customer retail contracts for the purchase of energy. The Procurement and Contracts Administrator will also be supporting the Operations and Finance teams with daily and project-based activities.
- Developing and maintaining a solid understanding of the electricity and natural gas markets in Alberta.
- Collecting information and forms from Sales staff and verifying that client information and details are complete.
- Reviewing and analyzing forms and information for correctness and entering details into forms, spreadsheets, and web-based tracking system.
- Working with Sales staff on retail contracting arrangements for new customers, renewal customers, and changes to existing customer contracts.
- Accumulating information required by retailers and sending contracting packages to retailers, either on a direct basis, or as part of an aggregated private or public tendering process.
- Coordinating with retailers on proposed pricing and other contractual terms, confirming pricing and other details in coordination with Finance and Sales, and working with retailers to review, finalize and arrange for execution the corresponding retail contracts.
- Coordinate with Finance on credit approvals, retailer pricing metrics and models, and tender analyses and awards.
- Receive counter-signed contracts from retailers and send contracts and welcome package information to customers.
- Entering client information and retail contract information into web-based tracking system
- Periodic assistance for creating client volume profiles and reaching out to energy suppliers to collect historical usage information.
- Handling day-to-day operations and specific tasks in a busy environment.
- Taking on other duties as assigned.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Possess a high school diploma. Post-secondary course work or diplomas/certificates are an asset but not required.
- Relevant experience, in a professional office environment is preferred.
- Ability to manage time, handle multiple tasks, and work efficiently within tight deadlines.
- Strong language skills, comfortable communicating professionally in person, on the phone or via email.
- Flexible and adaptive in response to team needs.
- Experience with customer service
- Attention to detail. The ability to complete tasks in a professional and timely manner, producing high quality and accurate results.
- Strong command of business software – Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe reader/writer, email, internet, and a high comfort level with web-based applications.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- You are a team player and can work collaboratively with multiple team members across varying seniority levels. And you like to have fun and celebrate meaningful success.
- You are looking for a long-term career that will provide you opportunities to grow along with the company.
$40,000 to $50,000 annually.
8760 is looking to grow its customer base and its sales team with a specific focus on electricity and natural gas clients.
We are looking for an Energy Sales Specialist (outside sales) to join our team. Reporting to the EVP, Sales and Marketing, this role is an important member of our sales team and will work in conjunction with our Account Management team to provide ongoing sales and service support to an assigned group of clients in addition to the primary responsibility of sourcing new business and expanding current relationships throughout a defined territory within Alberta.
- Proactively prospect/sign new account relationships that can benefit from our energy management services (contract procurement, delivery charge reviews, energy efficiency initiatives)
- Proactively contact assigned customers to engage in conversations covering a range of issues including market updates, service satisfaction, and determining cross sell needs.
- Develop and build positive relationships with customer to ensure their loyalty and to help maintain 8760’s 95% client retention KPI.
- Contact valued/trusted customers to determine referral opportunities to help open doors with other prospects that could benefit from 8760’s services and advice.
- Field incoming requests from customers, determining needs and finding solutions to their requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with the Account Management team and Senior Directors, Business Development to identify opportunities to reach out to customers to help with customer retention activities, cross sell opportunities or needs identification. It is a collaborative, team effort to keep our customer base happy and to sell more services that meet their needs.
- Cross sell 8760 credit card processing and cellular phone services to new and established customers.
- Complete internal paperwork as required to fulfill the customer need.
- Grow your long-term sales skills through business and personal development courses and activities in preparation for a more senior, outside sales opportunities within 8760.
- Work and collaborate with other 8760 teammates to create a culture that is focused on driving sales and taking excellent care of our clients.
- Share your big ideas, learn from your mistakes, ask for help and lend a hand when needed.
- Legally able to work in Canada and a valid Canadian driver’s license and your own vehicle – regular travel is necessary
- You have a minimum of 3 years of sales experience.
- You have a passion for proactive sales, you have strong communication skills and enjoy talking with clients to help identify needs and opportunities, and you have ability to close the deal.
- You are willing to travel on a regular basis with respect to finding new clients and serving current customers.
- You have a propensity to learn quickly and a continuous learning attitude. We will teach you the ins and outs of our industries – it is your job to apply those learnings to helping our clients and growing our business.
- You are able to comprehend and solve complex problems that clients may experience along with an ability to determine solutions aimed at solving pain points.
- You have an outgoing spirit and personality, you are not afraid to try different things, to make mistakes and an ability to adapt your approach based on experience and learnings.
- You are a team player and can work collaboratively with multiple team members across varying seniority levels. You like to have fun and celebrate meaningful success.
$70,000 to $80,000 plus generous commission plan